When people ask Peter where they will go for the holidays I usually give a variety of answers depending on who they are and what they like to do. But when people ask Peter where they should go for the holidays Peter Answers the same almost every time – Holidays to New York.
New York is always a great place to visit. The culture diversity, the great things to see and do, and the simple fact that when you are on the East Coast you are close to so very many other states if you wanted to do something outside of New York all add up to terrific reasons to visit.
Here are my top five things to do while enjoying New York Holidays:
- Visit Central Park – In the summer you can rent a boar and navigate the lake. In the winter you can skate on it.
- Visit the Statue of Liberty – It’s fun to take the ferry boat out and spend a little time around the grounds. It’s big close up!
- Go to a New York Yankees game – just don’t wear a Boston shirt, you wouldn’t want to get beat up!
- Shop shop shop until you drop drop drop – New York City has the best shopping in the world.
- Have lunch from a street cart and dinner at a fine dining restaurant – NYC has it all when it comes to food.
If you are truly lucky to have seen Holidays New York style then you know that this city loves holiday lights and decorations. Here are my top 5 holiday light displays:
- Rockefeller Center – The lighting of city’s most famous tree marks the unofficial start of the winter holidays.
- Bryant Park – Once you’ve gotten a look at the tree, visit Celsius, the on-site restaurant and bar.
- South Street Seaport – This 50-foot Douglas fir has the Big Apple Chorus not only appearing at its unveiling but also performing every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday thereafter until Christmas Eve.
- American Museum of Natural History – A team of 40 volunteers begins in July to create some 500 origami figures for this one.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art – The twenty-foot-tall spruce at the Met is adorned with 50 eighteenth-century Neapolitan angels and flanked by hundreds of crèche figures.
So, where will you be going for the holidays? New York baby. And that’s Peter’s Answer!